Dear Sleep Center Patient:
We are notifying our patients regarding a product recall by Philips Respironics that may affect you. Philips has issued a voluntary recall for certain Philips Respironics CPAP, bilevel PAP and mechanical ventilator devices that are used to treat obstructive sleep apnea due to potential health risks. More details about the recall is included in the enclosed notice.
What should you do if you use a Philips PAP device?
- Visit the Philips recall webpage for current information.
- Use the Philips registration process to look up your device serial number.
- Begin a claim with Philips if your unit is affected.
- Call Philips at 877-907-7508 if you have questions about your device.
If your recalled device is a life-sustaining mechanical ventilator:
- DO NOT stop using the device.
- Call our office to discuss your options.
If you are currently using a Philips Respironics CPAP, Bilevel PAP, ASV, AVAPS or Trilogy device, please contact your direct medical equipment company for more information.
After reading the notification, if you have any questions, please contact the Washington University Sleep Medicine Center at 314-362-4342.
Brendan P. Lucey, MD, MSCI, FAASM
Associate Professor of Neurology
Sleep Medicine Section Head
Washington University School of Medicine
Philips has launched a “Patient Only – Post Remediation” hotline. This hotline is meant to support patients who received replacement devices from Philips and is available to assist patients with device setup.
833-262-187 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST Mon-Fri